Call for entries: TekDiveUSA 2018
The TekDiveUSA Convention has opened entries to their 2018 Photo Contest. It offers 4 categories: Cave, Wreck, Rebreather and Reef/Other.There will be a popular vote with voting on Facebook, beginning 1 March along with a panel of judges voting as well. Winners and awards will be presented at the Gala dinner and awards ceremony on 28 April, at TEKDiveUSA.2018.
Please vote for the DuikeninBeeld Dynamic Photo Contest winner
The fifth DuikeninBeeld Dynamic Photo Contest is asking people to go over to their public vote page to chose their favourite as an overall winner of the competition. Entries were shortlisted at the Duikvaker Show in January. Please hurry, public voting only stays open until 28 February.
ProGrade Digital offers memory cards for pro users
Ex-Lexar executives have launched a new memory card company. Called ProGrade Digital, it will initially offer CFast 2.0 cards in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB capacities and UHS-II SD-cards in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. The new cards are optimized for use in professional cameras, each be tested from component-level down to individual memory chips before leaving the factory and will have a three year warranty. ProGrade are also offering a USB 3.1 Gen. 2 card reader.
Video: ETHER shot with the Sony RX0
Canon announces two new cameras
Canon has announced two new cameras. The EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D in Europe) SLR camera has a 24.1 MP sensor, 9 AF points, a native ISO range of 100-6400 and HD video at 1920 x 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps). The EOS M50 is a mirrorless camera with a 24.1 MP APS-C sensor. It also features dual pixel AF and 4K video.
A glowing plankton bloom in Big Sur, California
From early January and into February, the waves of Big Sur have been emanating a dim, blue glow. Most divers are familiar with the phenomenon of bioluminescence, however, conditions have to be just right to see it in Big Sur and especially to be able to capture it in a photograph. However, several photographers have been capturing the bloom of glowing dinoflagellates, which are a result of high nutrient levels in the water and a high pressure system preventing the typical winter storms from “stirring up” the waters.
Color Range Masking on Lightroom Coffee Break
Subal announces special edition of ND850 housing
- 400-year old shark discovered (via )
- Arri has just made Software Update Package 5.2 for the Arri… (via )
- Firmware version 2.50 is available for Sony A7R Mark III (via )
- Canon EOS C300 Mark II firmware updated to version 126.96.36.199.00 (via )
- Canon releases firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 for EOS C300 (Dual… (via )
- Canon updates EOS C100 (Dual Pixel upgraded) to version… (via )
- Panasonic updates G80/G81/G85 firmware to version 1.3 (via )
- Panasonic updates GH5 firmware to version 2.2 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic CC to version 7.1 (via )
- The best Christmas trees are underwater (via )