Olympus releases firmware updates for OM-D E-M1 Mark II, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and Pen-F
Olympus has released firmware updates for OM-D E-M1 Mark II, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and Pen-F mirrorless cameras. The updates add lens compatibility, a focus stacking feature and other performance enhancements and features.
The Underwater Tour announces dates and venues
Bad breeding season sees no new calves for Northern Atlantic Right Whales
Scientists studying Northern Atlantic right whales have observed no new calves born as the calving season comes to a close. This is bad news as the whales are endangered and the conclusion comes after a terrible year for deaths, 17 recorded off North America. The population is up from being nearly decimated by whalers, but hovers around 450 total individuals.
Sony announces the α7 III full frame mirrorless camera
Sony has announced their α7 III full frame mirrorless camera. It has a 24.1 MP sensor with an updates Bionz image processing engine offering a native ISO range of 100 to 51200. Autofocus has 425 contrast AF points in combination with 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF system start cover 93% of the frame. UHD video is available with no pixel binning and full frame width recording.
Nikon releases multiple firmware updates
Sea Save offers tool to register protest at US oil drilling plan
The Sea Save Foundation has posted a simple tool that allows individuals to register their protest at the Administration’s plans to offer 47 leases to global energy companies to explore and drill in US coastal waters in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as the Arctic, Atlantic, and Pacific Oceans. (Image credit: NOAA)
Call for entries: TekDiveUSA 2018
The TekDiveUSA Convention has opened entries to their 2018 Photo Contest. It offers 4 categories: Cave, Wreck, Rebreather and Reef/Other.There will be a popular vote with voting on Facebook, beginning 1 March along with a panel of judges voting as well. Winners and awards will be presented at the Gala dinner and awards ceremony on 28 April, at TEKDiveUSA.2018.
Please vote for the DuikeninBeeld Dynamic Photo Contest winner
The fifth DuikeninBeeld Dynamic Photo Contest is asking people to go over to their public vote page to chose their favourite as an overall winner of the competition. Entries were shortlisted at the Duikvaker Show in January. Please hurry, public voting only stays open until 28 February.
- New lens can focus all visible light into one point (via )
- Blurred lines between art and science in photography (via )
- Google’s new AI can score photos based on technical and… (via )
- Story behind the shot of a crocodile behind Jennifer Hayes (via )
- Best underwater swimming photos of 2017 (via )
- Reminder: OWU and Deep 2018 are open for entries (via )
- 400-year old shark discovered (via )
- Arri has just made Software Update Package 5.2 for the Arri… (via )
- Firmware version 2.50 is available for Sony A7R Mark III (via )
- Canon EOS C300 Mark II firmware updated to version 18.104.22.168.00 (via )