The Big 4 by Mike Bartick
Award-winning photographer Mike Bartick has written an extensive article about octopuses for Wetpixel, illustrated with his stunning images. He refers to the wunderpuss (Wunderpus photogenicus), the mimic octopus (Thaumoctopus mimicus), coconut octopus (Amphioctopus marginatus) and of course, the blue ringed octopus (Hapalochlaena sp.) as being the “Big 4” of octopus species and describes both their natural history and techniques for capturing images of them.
Inon ships ND filters for S-2000 strobes
Japan to resume commercial whaling
The BBC reports that Japan has announced that it plans to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC) from July 2019 and to resume commercial whaling thereafter. Japan has argued that the IWC was not committed to one of its stated goals; that of supporting sustainable commercial whaling. Japan argues that the eating of whale meat is a cultural tradition, despite the fact that the bulk of the nation only started eating it after World War Two and currently only 0.1% of the population consumes it. (Image credit: wdeon / Shutterstock.com)
Video: Whale Song by Howard and Michele Hall
Sea&Sea announces housings for Canon EOS R
Sea&Sea has announced their MDX housing for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera. It is compatible with the company’s MDX ports and gears and has dual focus/zoom gears for EF and RF mount lenses. Sea&Sea has also announced that there will be an Optical YS Converter available for the housing and camera.
Happy Holidays 2018
As many members of the Wetpixel community start their holidays, we would like to wish you all a very festive season. We hope that: If you share gifts, you will get the imaging tools that you desire. If you are lucky enough to be diving, your subjects are plentiful, and if you are sharing time with friends and family, you have much joy and happiness.
Video: Anilao Underwater Shootout 2018
Inon announces Front Cover 150
- Nikon updates firmware for Df, D810, D610 and Coolpix cameras (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for D850, D750, D500, D7500, D7200,… (via )
- Canon releases service advisory for EOS 70D (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for GH5, GH5s and G9 cameras (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version 1.30 for D5 camera (via )
- Plastic bag found at the bottom of the Mariana trench (via )
- A closer look at the taxidermy anteater photo (via )
- Photo of an osprey with a shark with a fish (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic to 7.3.1 (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark III firmware to 1.01 (via )